Thursday, February 17, 2011

Safe

A couple of evenings ago, we were watching a favorite show with the children. Nikki got up from where she was sitting and walked over to Duane's chair. Without asking, she crawled up into his lap and laid her head against his chest. Not a word was exchanged between either of them.
I watched this take place, and I was utterly captivated by it. I watched Duane wrap his arms around her and lay his head against hers, and a song started to go through my mind, "You will be safe in his arms, you will be safe in his arms, the hand that holds the world, is holding your heart..." **
(I quietly got up, retrieved my camera, and captured this moment forever.)

For all that our little girl knows, her daddy's arms are about the safest and best place to be! Why do I so often struggle to truly believe the same thing about my Heavenly Father?
His Word gently reminds me...

"The LORD is my light and my salvation, whom shall I fear? The LORD is the stronghold of my life, of whom shall I be afraid?" Ps. 27:1

I am thankful this day, for gentle reminders, that I have a refuge in my Father's arms. A safe place, when I am afraid, or a close place, when I  need to feel especially loved.


** I have added this song to a player that automatically starts when this blog opens. If you would like to hear it, just be sure your volume is on.

2 comments:

Jamie said...

Thank you for this beautiful reminder of an unchanging truth. A truth I needed to remember this very day.

Love you!

Anonymous said...

Sheila ~ a moment in your mother's heart to ponder again and again. It won't mean as much to anyone else. That's the blessing of motherhood. "May God hold you in the palm of His hand."

love,

Candy