Thursday, October 14, 2010

Salsa Day

Today was Salsa Day here at our house. I used a new recipe that seemed to make the process much less complicated, and we love the results!! Yes, we have already tasted the fruit of our labors tonight!
I don't know why I felt the need to make this into a photo opportunity, but I love taking pictures of veggies...all the colors make me smile! Plus, it made this chore seem more....entertaining!
The recipe I used, calls for roasting the tomatoes before making them into salsa. Because I had such an abundance of Roma, Big Bertha's, and Cherry Tomatoes, I decided to use them all.





My most favorite herb...Cilantro!



These will all take a little whirl around the blender!

Simmer


This is the handy little thing that I just got, so that I don't burn my fingers, while taking the HOT jars out of the canner!

There is always a big mess!


In jars and sealed tightly!


Thank you, God, for my garden this year. It has been a gift to us! Now, tomorrow, I will freeze all the Zucchini. After that...it's apple time!

2 comments:

Renee said...

I have so much to learn! Your blog makes mine look like a kindergartner does it... well, I guess that really isn't far from the truth... Anyway, I feel like I have just walked into a beautiful, lovely smelling boutique of wonderful treasures when I go to your site. I'm such a newbie! Or noob...(that's how I'm suppose to spell it according to my son).

Anonymous said...

Love these pictures, Sheila! So colorful and earthy and inviting. Next year is my year for the garden and canning stuff (eek! did I say that outloud?!).

I only want zuchini one at a time though. I got one from Betty Cunningham's garden so made a loaf of z-bread. Yummers! But no more. I won't plant any in my garden.

APPLES! Now you're talkin'! I can taste my applebutter you'll be bringing me soon!

Renee, you'll learn as you along. I see your eventual blog as sparkly and glitzy. Oh, yeah!