Thursday, February 4, 2010

Forgiven!


As I was wiping my counters down this morning, I was mindlessly listening to the radio. A new song was on, that I haven't heard before. I sorta listened, but not really, until I heard a string of lyrics, that stopped me dead in my tracks...in a good way!


"In this life, I know what I've been, but here in Your arms, I know who I am...I'm forgiven...."


I ran across the kitchen to turn it up, and listened closely. I then ran to my computer, and googled the song; found it on Youtube, and listened to it in it's entirety.


In looking for something to find joy in today....this is it! I AM FORGIVEN! It doesn't matter what I know about myself, and my regrets, mistakes...I AM FORGIVEN!


I've included the lyrics here, and will include the link to the video at the end of this post.



FORGIVEN (Sanctus Real)


Well the past is playing with my head

And failure knocks me down again

I’m reminded of the wrong

That I have said and done

And that devil just won't let me forget


In this lifeI know what I’ve been

But here in your arms

I know what I am


I’m forgiven!

I’m forgiven!


And I don’t have to carry

The weight of who I’ve been

Cause I’m forgiven


My mistakes are running through my mind

And I’ll relive my days, in the middle of the night

When I wrestle with my pain, struggle with my pride

Sometimes I feel alone, and I cry


When I don't fit in and I don’t feel like I belong anywhere

When I don’t measure up to much in this life

Oh, I’m a treasure in the arms of Christ ‘cause




2 comments:

Jamie said...

One of my very favorite songs! I am so glad to be able to read your blog again!

Love,
Jamie

Anonymous said...

Thoughts of mistakes in the past are one of my biggest thorns in the flesh. My word picture here is to put in a new tape. (I guess we'd say disc now, wouldn't we?) The trick has been to learn to be aware of when it's time to change the tape/disc. To think of this as knowing who I am in the arms of Jesus is another beautiful word picture.

It's really as simple as just changing from one thought to another. Walking in what we KNOW rather than what we feel or what lies Satan is planting in us.

www.candytroutman.wordpress.com