Saturday, October 3, 2009

September



To say that September was a busy month, would be an understatement to the 'inth degree! At the beginning of the month, I looked at my calendar, and wondered if I would survive? Here is a little peek at what keep me running all month!


  • Ashley turned 16!

  • Nikki started the 3rd grade at her new school.

  • Alex turned 13!

  • We kicked off Women's Mentoring at Boise First.

  • We helped to host Total Money Makeover at Boise First.

  • Tuesday Morning Bible Study began.

  • We attended three different school's Open House.

  • Caravan's and Teen's Face2Face began.

  • Our Small Group started up again.

  • Alex played 5 Football games.

  • We hosted a big family birthday party.

  • Nikki turned 9!

  • I assisted in three labors/births, to make a grand total of 17!

  • I turned 37!!

  • Took the family to hear Matt Redmond and Casting Crowns in concert.


Other than the four birthday's we have in September, those are all the busy things we did, in the process of chores, jobs, homework, laundry, housework... life!



I am so glad it is October now! My calendar is much less chaotic this month...and other than a few important things (like a trip to Women of Faith in Portland), and some babies due to arrive, it is shaping up to be a quieter month.



I am ready for Fall now! The house is attired in her Autumn colors, the pumpkins are sitting by the front door, and the smells from the kitchen are scented nutmeg and cinnamon. I am in the mood to create warmth and make pies, apple butter and soup! I put away my Summer duds, and can't wait to take some of my birthday money and go buy a couple new sweaters. I want to grab my quilt, drink a cup of hot coffee, read or watch football! I love this season!

Blessings!

Sheila





0 comments: